26 June, 2009
21 June, 2009
11 June, 2009
New Zoomers Fresh Smoothies
- Iced Cream Coffee
- Pineapple Coconut Colada
- Peach Orange Blossom
- June 3 - Blueberry Muffin in the Morning -- Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream, Blueberries, Teddy Grahams and Mallow Creme Topping
- July 1 - Brownie Bliss -- Brownie Batter Ice Cream, Brownies, Chocolate Sprinkles and Fudge Topping
- August 5 - Cravin' Rum Raisin -- Rum Raisin Ice Cream, Raisins, Coconut Flakes and Caramel Topping
MaggieMoo's was recently awarded four Ice Cream Retailer Association Awards, including two blue ribbons, for its ice cream based on color, texture, taste and other factors that determine the quality of the product.
The brand also claims to have invented the very first ice cream cupcake.
MaggieMoo's has some 200 locations across the USA. Find a location near you..
The company is rolling out a line of "Grab and Go" food, consisting of salads, sandwiches and wraps...
- Asian Style Chicken Wrap
- Chimichurri Chicken
- Greek Goodness (vegetarian)
- Greens and Grains Wrap (vegan)
- Gobble'licious Turkey Sandwich
- Caesar the Day! (salad)
- CousCous & Produce (salad)
- Four Cheesy Flatbread Sandwich
- Smokehouse Chicken Flatbread Sandwich
- Tomo Artichoko Flatbread Sandwich
- MediterraneYUM Flatbread Sandwich
Previously, the only food Jamba Juice offered was oatmeal, aside from snack bars and nut mixes in some locations.
The new food menu will open up Monday, June 15, 2009, throughout California locations, and eventually make its way across the USA over the summer.
10 June, 2009
The line focuses around four new "Coastal Steampots", offering buckets of crab, shrimp and lobster representing all the coastal regions and their celebrated flavors.
Coastal Steampots include:
- Sunset Fire-grilled Steampot – Dungeness and Snow crab, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes, beachside bar-b-que style.
- The Orleans Steampot – Crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, corn and potatoes cooked in Joe's spicy boil.
- Bean Town Bake – Two whole lobsters, clams, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes.
- Joe's Steampot – Tasty Dungeness and Snow crab, boiled shrimp, smoked sausage, potatoes and corn.
In addition to the Coastal Steampots, Joe's Crab Shack is adding new flavors to its Steampot collection and introducing a Go Green assortment of salads. New items from Joe's include:
- Crab in a Bucket – Adding new flavors to a traditional favorite, the Crab in a Bucket selections now include Fire-grilled and Smoked Chile offerings.
- Crab Cake Chipotle Caesar – As part of the Go Green line of salads, this yummy dish features Romaine lettuce, topped with one of Joe’s made-from-scratch lump crab cakes, black bean pico de gallo, tortilla strips and Chipotle Caesar dressing.
- Old Bay Steampot – Alaskan Snow crab, clams, corn, potatoes and sausage, flavored all the way with Old Bay seasoning.
- The Long Islander – Mussels, clams, shrimp, plus sausage, corn and potatoes.
Additionally, Joe's will be offering larger portions of its desserts, including the Crabby Apple Crumble, and the Coco Bread Pudding.
Find a Joe's Crab Shack location near you...
It's an expansion to their Mini Sirloin Burgers, which according to the company, has proven popular.
The new sandwiches come with homestyle chicken fillets topped with Frank’s RedHot sauce, ranch sauce and shredded lettuce on toasted mini buns.
The Mini Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwiches are available now for the suggested price, excluding tax, of $3.89 for three sandwiches at all participating Jack in the Box restaurants.
One of the most popular Girl Scout cookies, Tagalongs, also known as Peanut Butter Patties, are crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolate coating. Dairy Queen breaks these into pieces and mixes it with creamy vanilla soft serve.
This marks the second year that Dairy Queen is partnering with Girl Scouts of the USA, which last year culminated with the debut of the Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookie Blizzard, which I mentioned here on JFB.
Last summer, Dairy Queen served more than 10 million of those Thin Mint Blizzards, making it the most popular limited time Blizzard flavor ever.
Hence why DQ is riding the girl scouts for a second straight year.
The average price of the Girl Scouts Tagalongs Peanut Butter Patties Blizzard and the Thin Mint Cookie Blizzard is $3.09 for the 12 oz., $3.49 for the 16 oz. and $3.99 for the 21 oz.
Find a Dairy Queen location near you...
- Turkey & Bacon Smokecheezy - smoked turkey breast, smoked cheddar cheese, crispy bacon strips and fresh lettuce, tomatoes and red onions, topped off with tangy chipotle mayonnaise on sourdough.
- Ribeye Steak & Bacon Smokecheezy - strips of Angus ribeye steak, smoked cheddar cheese and crispy bacon strips, finished with tangy chipotle mayonnaise and roasted red bell peppers, on sourdough.
- Chicken & Bacon Smokecheezy - shaved chicken breast, smoked cheddar cheese, crispy bacon strips, and fresh lettuce, tomatoes and red onions, blended with tangy chipotle mayonnaise and served on sourdough.
The sandwiches are available for a limited time beginning now until August 30.
Visit Schlotzsky's online for locations...
06 June, 2009
Last weekend on a Sunday, Lisa and I rode the motorcycle down to that area just to find some restaurant or cafe we never been to. And hence, we found Pacifica Breeze Cafe.
We got there around 11:15am, still technically the breakfast hour I suppose. I had the Sunday paper in hand, and looked forward to breakfast, coffee, and a read.
This place gets packed!
You'll want to sit in the outdoor patio, but it seems that locals have this all figured out. You task the wife with securing a table, while sending the husband in to order all the food. It's not a traditional restaurant where you get seated, and a waitress takes your order. Rather, you walk up to a counter, and order. But they do deliver the food to your table.
We made the mistake of both of us ordering at the window, and then discovering the two open tables we spotted earlier were snatched up as described above.
So we just ate inside.
The coffee is self-serve. They give you three different roasts to choose from, and these large sized cups.
I had the breakfast burrito, pictured below. It's packed with pinto beans, scrambled eggs, bacon and pepper jack cheese, swimming in a red tomato sauce, mildly spiced, with country style potatoes.
Lisa had the french toast, which comes with two slices of bread, but very thick slices.
Pacifica Breeze Cafe does lunch and dinner, and from the reviews I read, they churn out some pretty killer meals, quite posh from the looks of it. You wouldn't associate the words "junk food" with a place like this, but then again, we're still talking about breakfast burrito and french toast here.
A rose by any other name, smells just as sweet as they say.
Visit Pacifica Breeze Cafe online at...
Here are some photos of mine...
05 June, 2009
These are touted as vegan cookies. I guess that means it has no egg ingredient.
This has chocolate chips. So I suppose it's some kind of milk free chocolate.
It's good. It's very sweet and has a buttery body to it, even though it's all non-dairy. But it still has a funny taste in the background. I'll stick to "real" cookies, but these are pretty good.
They are made by Alternative Baking Company, Inc. Visit their website: http://www.alternativebaking.com
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry