The winner is Tasha Callister of Jacksonville, Florida who submitted her flavor called, "Puttin' On The Ritz", described as a mouth-watering blend of Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel and Ritz Cracker Swirl with Chunks of Chocolate Covered Sandwiches.
She claims it's based on something her grandmother did, by roasting cubes of caramel on sticks over a campfire, then smushing the soft stick stuff between a couple of Ritz crackers.
Runners up were...
- "Mojito" by Timothy Link of Troy, ID -- a blend of lime ice cream with a light swirl of brown sugar, a touch of white rum and sprinkled with mint.
- "Wackie Chan" by Kerstin Karlhuber of Brighton, MA -- a mouth-watering blend of sweet cream and ginger flavored ice cream, chocolate-covered fortune cookie bits and a fudge swirl
- "Apricotabra!" by Reina Chilton of Tempe, AZ -- a magical mix of creamy vanilla bean ice cream, juicy chunks of apricot and extra dark chocolate, swirled with a tart apricot preserve drizzle
- "Italian Renaissance" by Robin Thorneycroft of Richmond, British Columbia, Canada -- an invigorating mix of amaretto liqueur ice cream with cherry chunks and sliced almonds
- "Gorgonzilla" - pear sorbet, Gorgonzola cheese nuggets, walnuts and grapes - described as "something you would have after a steak meal"
- "Lemon/Cayenne" - vanilla/lemon swirl with lemon cream and cayenne pepper
- "The Armand" - sauteed pears with reduced balsamic vinegar in a cream cheese flavored ice cream
- "Whatz Up Black Olive" - chunks of black olive in vanilla ice cream
- "Curious Avocado Experiment" - avocado ice cream with lemon creme swirl, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks