Good Karma Organic Rice Cream | Junk Food Blog

17 May, 2006

Good Karma Organic Rice Cream

Good Karma Organic Rice CreamThat's right, not ice cream, but "rice" cream.

The new line of Good Karma Organic Rice Cream is made from rice, is non-dairy, lactose-free, gluten-free, has no trans fat, and is targeted towards vegans.

Varieties include "Very Vanilla", "Mudd Pie", Carrot Cake", "Mint Chocolate Chip", and "Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge". They're all tagged as "USDA Organic".

Good Karma Rice Creams are available in pints, sundae cups, and bars.

While I haven't tried it, I imagine it's not all that different from the thinner Indian style of rice pudding, but frozen. If that's the case, my wife oughta love it.

5 comments:

vespertini on 5/19/2006 11:35:00 PM said...

I once had red bean flavoured ice cream and that was pretty good...sounds intriguing.

I believe the hare krishnas are responsible for all this karma focused food, at any rate at least that's better than low calorie focused food.

http://www.food.org.au/interested-in-a-karma-free-diet-cooking-hare-kris/

Anonymous said...

Good Karma is the best non-dairy "ice cream" I have ever had, and as a buyer in the natural foods industry I have tried just about everything out there! This stuff is unbelievable. It's not at all like frozen Indian rice pudding; it's got the solid, creamy texture of real ice cream. I have to admit that after trying a lot of non-dairy "ice creams" with lame, ice-milk-type textures and strange aftertastes I had gotten pretty jaded. But Good Karma gets me excited again. You could eat their chocolate peanut butter fudge flavor and not realize it's non-dairy. It's like a vegan's fantasy come true.

Btw if you want to see the goofiest of "karmic" food products check out http//www.karmafree.org.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, bad link: http://www.karmafree.org

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't it be Ice Rice?

Anonymous said...

A standard for organic in regards to body care does not exist. The only organic standard there is right now in the US is for food. Therefore, any body care product that is showing a USDA certified organic logo, must meet the food standard for organic.
95% or more organic ingredients, excluding water, salt, minerals. The remaining 5% cannot be a synthethic or a genetically modified ingredient and it is still highly regulated what that 5% or less can be.

I recently just tried an Aloe & Jojoba Crème Therapy from the Made from Earth skin care line…. I love it. . .it feels just like pure Aloe Vera straight from the plant. And if you look at the ingredient list (which is displayed right on their website), if shows you that Aloe Vera is the number 1 ingredient. No preservatives or chemicals. Its preserved using Vitamin E.. . .its made my skin really smooth, and Ive even seen it have an effect on my cellulite… you can find it at www.madefromearth.com
Good luck everyone!

Post a Comment

 

About Steve

Affiliate marketer, blogger, website publisher, business owner, entrepreneur, motorcycle rider, living in sunny Southern California, who happens to love junk food, and makes money writing about it.

Favorite Quote:
"It's good enough for government work."
Favorite Drink:
India Pale Ale

My Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter

    Copyright © 2005-2011 Clear Digital Media, Inc. | Template designed by Simran